Friday, September 11, 2009

My life is back...



My life is back ….

I thank the world for waiting for me
My days of sadness have passed away

I have somehow rediscovered myself
My days of goodness will be found

Perhaps only in my friends
Friends whom I had forgotten for a while
I thank from my heart for waiting for me

Now that the life is at hand
Will I not seize the day, make my mark?
I would not stand and wait to be seen
Rather would do what needs to be done
Would love to take my life for a ride
Go and get and take what I need
Grasp the urge and make life mine

The time is now; I have to live my life
I hesitated to take the chance
Rather dwelt on the same old attachment
I regretted from the moment I expected
I forgot that I had one life to live, many to love
I didn’t make it count and ignored many
Hesitating again and again, to feel alive

A self-invented self-portrait cheated on me
And failed to please neither God nor me
For I forgot to love myself and revere
I let someone else do what belonged to me
Allowed the world to think for me
Never heeded my inspiration from life
Killed every moment that came along for change

I swam in the ocean of false hope.
Swam in the ocean of repeated failure
I swam in the ocean of tears, in futile effort
I will let the music play on and on
I need to dance and sing and scream
Happiness is my way, so I can dance
And live my dream for I am alive again